One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
We’ve got an exciting opportunity as a Senior. Property Manager to oversee our North York City Centre portfolio. This role requires a highly seasoned property management leader who is professional, adaptable and able to manage multiple demanding priorities across a large complex.
This portfolio contains a combination of retail and commercial tenants, as well as a close-knit community with an adjoining hotel, library, subway, and adjacent Performing Arts Centre. There is a requirement for an individual heavily focused on people management, ensuring that we are meeting KPIs, and are consistent regarding processes and policies within the portfolio and GWLRA. We are looking for an approachable and relatable senior leader, who is a strong reflection of our company’s values and is driven by a customer service approach. Building relationships and having a strong community presence is a must, so having a professional demeanor is key to being successful in this role.
We are looking for someone who loves an ever-changing, fast-paced environment and can easily adapt and problem solve. This is an exciting, but complex portfolio that requires previous experience dealing with crisis management, day-to-day challenges with complex properties, as well as familiarity executing significant capital projects while navigating through multiple hurdles. Highly experienced with budget management and innovative in property management, you will have positively impacted organizations and assets in the past.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing annual operating and capital budgets, and reports
- Executing and training staff on tenant services and communications programs, policies, procedures and processes
- Managing complex tenant issues and ensuring all tenant matters are managed efficiently and in a cost-efficient manner
- Making certain that our staff are viewed as leading property management professionals through ensuring high levels of customer service and communication are achieved
- Enhancing the asset’s position in the market as a top-tier location for visitors and tenants
- Managing annual building inspections, audits and capital projects from beginning to end
- Ensuring corporate governance, environmental, health and safety policies and procedures are compliant
- A minimum of 10 years of property management experience, with exposure to high profile +1,000,000 sq.ft. commercial properties
- Proven ability to execute a strategic business plan and drive results
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Previous people management and leadership experience, with a track record of growing staff and enacting succession planning
- Strong customer relationship building skills (excellent communication skills are necessary)
- Highly experienced with budgeting and reporting management
- Professionalism, flexibility, accountability and an ability to work in both a team-oriented environment and independently
- Foster collaborative relationships across corporate functions that drive process improvements
- Real Estate License is considered an asset
- RPA & CPM designations are an asset
- Passionate about sustainability initiatives
- Experienced with capital management projects
- Ability to carry out building data analyses to recommend appropriate changes
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs