One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Reporting to the Director, Occupational Health & Safety, the Occupational Health & Safety Specialist will be focused on promoting the highest standards of Occupational Health & Safety throughout GWL Realty Advisors, by implementing, evaluating, promoting and continuously improving GWLRA’s policies and programs. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, resourceful and detail-oriented. The position requires prioritizing tasks, exercising good judgment and delivering high quality work.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that appropriate time, resources and employees are made available to facilitate all aspects of the Corporate Occupational Health & Safety Policy, Program and Procedures.
- Ensuring that the operation and management of GWLRA managed assets and all GWLRA employees and contractors comply with the Corporate Occupational Health & Safety Policy, Program and Procedures, and in conjunction with the Occupational Health & Safety National Advisory Committee.
- Monitoring and communicating where appropriate, applicable Occupational Health & Safety legislation and any anticipated initiatives by regulatory authorities that could have a significant impact on the business.
OHS Specialist Core Responsibilities:
- Ergonomics – coordinating pre-assessments, engaging external consultants, reviewing assessments and coordinating deliverables
- Workplace Compensation Board (WCB) – ensuring OH&S Incidents are reported on time, reviewing incidents and ensuring that corrective measures are implemented; facilitating Return to Work requirements for injured employees
- OH&S Awareness Training – coordination of mandatory OH&S Awareness Training; ensuring new employees complete appropriate training; ensuring that training content (whether developed in-house or externally) is updated to comply with changes in legislation and the organization.
- Participation / coordination of the National Advisory Committee (NAC) and Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC)
- OH&S Site/Building Specific Training – developing content and/or coordinating external training providers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements
- OHS Communication – providing updates as required; driving OH&S safety campaigns and bulletins; responding general inquiries
- MSDS and SDS Coordination – in compliance with CCOHS program
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a related role.
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health & Safety and/or Environmental; preference will be given to candidates who hold or are working towards a designation in OH&S or Environmental.
- Ability to understand OH&S training requirements; experience developing new and/or enhancing existing training programs to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a service excellence mindset.
- Experience with ergonomics an asset.
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs