One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
We will count on you to establish and maintain strong relationships with tenants, staff and contractors to ensure satisfaction by all. You will also assist with the implementation of new programs and ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
You will be reporting jointly to the Manager of Technical Services, and the Property Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Within the limits of applicable policies, procedures and established plans, the Operations Manager has the responsibility and the authority to make decisions and take action.
- Manage the effective operation of the building’s mechanical and electrical systems.
- Responsible and accountable for the staff’s daily activities, which includes the repair, maintenance and replacement of the building’s major components and related systems.
- Oversee the operations of the building automation systems to ensure maximum energy efficiency and occupant comfort.
- Develop, administer and follow-up on preventive maintenance programs for all equipment and the building in general (Angus Preventive Maintenance).
- Ensure life safety and risk management programs are implemented and maintained current, such as Risk Check, WPS.
- Liaise with tenants regularly to ensure complete tenant satisfaction and ensure that tenant concerns are promptly addressed.
- Provide monthly reports on base building operations to the Property Manager in a timely fashion.
- Assist with preparing an annual budget within time constraints and in conjunction with the Property Manager. Responsible for the administration of the approved operating budget.
- Establish building service contracts specifications, prepare tenders based on the policies and procedures established, make recommendations, obtain Property Manager’s approval, and follow up on their execution and performance.
- Oversee preparation and ongoing administration of capital project administration, documents, contracts and related functions.
- Review and negotiate building services contracts to ensure prudent, cost-effective practices are followed.
- Post-secondary education.
- Minimum five years experience in commercial buildings; at least two years in a people leadership role.
- A designation in facility management or project management would be an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills .
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office – Word and Excel and familiarity with Metasys, Angus software would be a plus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs