One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Real Estate Legal Documentation Specialist
Reporting to the Vice President, Legal Affairs, the successful candidate will prepare and negotiate commercial leases and related documentation, and will provide direction to the Asset Management teams in Calgary and Edmonton.
In this role, you will:
- Draft precise lease documentation, including ancillary agreements with tenants and their counsel that accurately reflect the terms of any offer to lease
- Ensure documents are prepared in a timely manner, are legally appropriate and adequately protect the company’s rights and interests
- Negotiate amendments to lease documentation and ancillary agreements
- Present and recommend lease documentation and ancillary agreements for execution by appropriate signing authorities
- Provide direction to business units as to company policies and procedures regarding the preparation of the offer to lease and assist with drafting non-standard clauses
- Provide interpretation of various provisions of lease documentation and/or ancillary agreements
- Respond to and direct internal groups on inquiries regarding discrepancies in internal records and lease documentation and/or ancillary agreements
- Assist in due diligence requirements on acquisition and/or disposition of commercial properties
- Complete lease reviews in an accurate and timely manner, identify any matter which could affect acquisition and/or disposition of a property
- Accurately track and monitor documentation using prescribed tracking methods
- Ensure completed leases and related documents are reviewed for accuracy and completeness
- Post secondary education in a law clerk/paralegal program or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- At least 5 years’ experience within the commercial real estate legal field
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and intermediate to advanced skills in Excel. Familiarity with electronic document/records management software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Special knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, contract law and property management
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate leases in a professional and competent manner, being both diplomatic and assertive in difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced environment, to meet tight deadlines, prioritize work in light of multiple demands and competing priorities
- Ability to adapt to new ideas, and willingness to learn and operate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to analyze issues and quickly determine an effective course of action and response
- Ability to support group goals and execute their delivery
Discover your opportunity… Apply through the link below by clicking “apply for this job online”:
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs