One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Working on a team that has executed on $4.0 billion of investment activity over the past 5 years, you have a fundamental understanding of real estate, valuation and the investment processes and this has honed your keen sense and ability to identify and proactively pursue real estate opportunities. Your strong communication skills showcase your ability to take market data findings and present them simply, concisely and effectively.
Your ability to “get work done” allows for accurate and timely completion of financial underwriting and valuation models, conducting market research, preparing internal and external approval memoranda, and overseeing and completing key portions of the due diligence and closing process.
Reporting to the Director, Investments, your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Coordinate underwriting/ due diligence activities including arranging for and reviewing third party consultant reports, liaising with listing brokers and lawyers regarding transaction agreements, reviewing and incorporating existing debt and assisting with closing procedures.
- Collaborating with Asset Management, Operations, Research and other departments to develop pro-formas, sensitivity analysis and cash flow projections.
- Maintaining financial models and providing recommendations for on-going improvements (after all we will rely on your expertise!) and consolidating key data for various reports.
- Reviewing budget assumptions and assisting with revenue & expense assumptions
- Prepare and participate in presentations to existing and prospective clients, prepare various investment committee and final underwriting documents, and complete client specific checklists.
- Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of real estate experience in an investments, appraisal, or investment brokerage capacity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interpret analytical results
- Highly collaborative but also comfortable working independently when required
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise
- Have a university degree which is ideally business or real estate related
- Strong attention to detail but also able to thrive in a fast paced and high-volume environment
- Strong understanding of cash flow and valuation methods
- Your real estate license will be considered an asset, though if not yet licensed will commit to obtaining in the first 18 months of employment.
- A passion for the real estate industry
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs