One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Our Calgary team is looking to add an Asset Management Analyst to the Calgary Office team.
This is a unique opportunity to work on large top tier portfolio. This is a $2 billion portfolio comprised of a combination of 58 office, industrial and retail properties. You will have the opportunity to work with a highly collaborative team and in a down to earth fast paced environment. This is your chance to be a part of a high performing asset management team that is responsible for delivering strong returns for our clients through developing and implementing strategic business plans for each asset.
You will own the end to end process when it comes to reporting, analyzing, and interpretation of results. This includes analysis related to asset valuation, lease transactions, capital spending, third-party appraisals, and ad hoc reporting. In order to be successful in this role you must have strong attention to detail as you will work with a high volume of information and be flexible as you will work within a flat structured team.
Other responsibilities in this role will include:
- Coordinating the appraisal process
- Support team with preparation of annual budgets, interim forecasts, and business plans
- Financial modeling, including building and maintaining cash flow and valuation models with various scenarios, payback analysis, and lease net effective rent calculations
- Credit analysis and recommendation of prospective lease transactions
- Work closely with the property management, accounting and leasing teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Keep current with market trends, prepare market reports and research documents for internal use
- A minimum of 2 years of analyst experience (ideally with an appraisal or brokerage agency)
- University education, B.Comm or related degree ( real estate educational background preferred)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Argus or DYNA software experience required
- A passion for the real estate industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interpret analytical results
- Strong understanding of cash flow and valuation methods
- Highly collaborative but also comfortable working independently when required
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs