One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Reporting to the Senior Director, Development, this successful candidate will provide support to our project management team on a variety of and project related and administrative functions that will assist in the construction of several new complex residential, industrial, commercial projects and major renovation projects, many of which consist of multiple phases. A strong candidate will be highly collaborative, possess excellent attention to detail skills, and is a proactive person who considers no task too big or too small. Initial projects under management will be outside of the GTA (Toronto) and will require travel. Among your responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of development status reports for commentary and appropriate approvals, coordinate with internal accounting resources to accurately track project committed and forecast costs
- Assist in the review of technical and testing/inspection reports including geotechnical investigations, compaction testing, concrete testing, steel and roofing inspections, building envelope reports, etc.
- Review all Proposed / Contemplated Change Notices, Change Orders, Site Instructions, Requests for Information and Construction Communications as required and ensure they are being tracked and dealt with by all parties in a timely manner
- Assist in the collection and distribution of all project closeout documentation from consultants and the City; including but not limited to Commissioning Reports, As-Built drawings, Operation and Maintenance Manuals, Occupancy Permits
- Set up, maintain and organize critical files, documents and drawings on a project by project basis; including electronic and hard copy files
- Processing of all project invoices and draws in relation to approved budgets on a timely manner
- Accurate tracking of contract commitments and cost code assignments
- Prepare materials, in both electronic and hard copy format for RFQ/RFP submissions
- Administrative responsibilities such as calendar and travel management, meeting coordination, and managing expenses
- Attend internal and external design/construction meetings as required
- Other responsibilities as needed
- University or College Degree / Diploma in an appropriate field of study that has supported your career growth; a Bachelor of Engineering, Commerce or Business would be a benefit. An RPA, FMA or SMA designation(s) would also be considered beneficial
- Minimum two (2) year work experience in project management, ideally on larger scale projects
- Previously demonstrated experience with respect to budget administration, cost control, contract administration and record keeping
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel specifically), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook; working knowledge of MS Project
- A PMP designation or presently enrolled in a PMP course
- Bilingual (French) would be considered an asset.
- Creative thinking and the ability to work proactively with limited supervision
- Ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple priorities with strict deadlines
- Strong analytical, and decision making skills, very well organized and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a diverse team environment; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with a institutional real estate organization or other related construction management company would be an asset
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs