One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
The successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Administrative Assistant, Technical Services at 1 City Centre Drive in Mississauga, ON. The primary role of this position is to assist the Manger, Technical Services and the Property Management Services team with daily administrative and support duties.
• Provide administrative support for the Senior Manger, Technical Services and the PM Services team.
• Prepare monthly reports as requested by managers.
• Prepare monthly department invoices that are issued/distributed to ensure fee schedules are maintained.
• Maintain accurate filing records (both electronic and hard copy), including drawings and close-out documents.
• Obtain travel arrangements and prepare monthly expense reports.
• Schedule and prepare minutes of meetings and agenda.
• Maintain and distribute monthly info sheets for active/pending capital projects with current information including budgets, design renderings, schedules and current.
• General word processing and excel spreadsheet duties.
• Data entry as required (capital budget/amortization schedules and accrual processing).
• Assist with general office duties within the Property Management department as may be necessary from time to time.
• Review, reconcile and ensure completeness and accuracy of data on accounts and code monthly capital project draws requested by the contractors and consultants ready for a Manager’s approval.
• Liaise with accounting personnel to ensure timing turn-around of draw payments to meet contractual obligations.
• Communicate with outside contractors AR/AP to resolve minor payment discrepancies.
• Issue purchase orders, work permits, memos and Tenant Advisories, contracts, work orders and security escorts.
• File all project start up and close out documentation for projects, preparing any file close out memos.
• Work in cooperation with other administrative staff for the development and implementation of effective procedures for the continuous improvement of the office operations.
• Perform additional required functions as required by the manager from time to time to maintain an efficient department.
• Provide reception relief as required.
• Education acquired at post-secondary level or equivalent
• More than two-years experience in administration; experience in real estate, construction will be considered an asset
• Proficiency in MS Office software.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn new processes quickly.
• Ability to work independently.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs