One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
We are currently on the lookout for a Manager, Technical Services for our Mississauga Commercial, Industrial and Retail Portfolio!
In this newly created role, you will work alongside the Senior Manager, Technical Services to manage the technical operations division and team; including the tender process from beginning to end. This includes project management, budget management and working closely with vendors/suppliers. You will also mentor and coach a team of Operators, so we are looking for a strong people manager who has a high level of focus on succession planning. You will ensure that our properties are continuously operated according to GWL realty’s high building standards. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is passionate about technical operations but also enjoys developing and mentoring people. We will count on you to ensure that our properties are maintained in a safe and environmentally friendly manner and to the highest level of operational efficiency.
Outside of having expert level technical skills you should also have a friendly, collaborative and strong focus on customer service. We are passionate about the services we offer to our tenants and anyone who steps into our properties, so will count on you to be a strong reflection of our customer service values!
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Manage building service agreements and relationships, while ensuring that service providers (e.g. HVAC, Electrical, Life Safety, Elevators, Security, Parking, etc.) are abiding by company guidelines & policies.
- Management of waste, recycling and hazardous materials;
- Manage property repair and maintenance operations, including but not limited to building mechanical, electrical and life safety systems.
- Prepare specifications, tender and award contracts in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Implement and maintain various national and/or regional initiatives; including but not limited to monthly compliance reports and annual Property Risk Management and Health and Safety Inspection
- Review and update as required site technical and operations manuals; including Fire Plan, Emergency Management Plan, Disaster Plan, Construction Rules and Regulations, Asbestos Management Plan, Energy Management Plan etc.
- Manage the Angus Anywhere Preventative Maintenance system.
- Provide planning input and execution support for Capital Projects.
- Coordinate insurance and risk management inspections, remedial actions and reporting;
- Prepare annual operations and capital project budgeting;
- Liaise with regulatory or civic authorities having jurisdiction;
- Remain current and up to date with new industry practices, legislative changes and new technologies;
- Flexible and willing to manage ad hoc tasks
- Building Engineering Systems Certificate preferred.
- BOMI SMA, SMT, FMA , RPA is an asset
- 10 years plus of direct work experience holding a senior position in commercial high-rise, Industrial and Retail building operations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for the industry and willingness to go above & beyond
- An efficient and calm problem solver even in the most complex situations
- Previous people management experience with a proven track record in developing and growing teams
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs