One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
This is an exciting opportunity to work out of a high profile building in London! You will work closely with office staff, so having strong communication skills and a professional demeanor is a must have.
As a Building Operator, you will be a part of our building operations team, who are responsible ensuring the building is being managed and maintained in a safe, presentable, efficient and environmentally friendly manner. GWLRA prides itself in ensuring our properties are managed to the highest level of operational efficiency. You will ensure the building is a true reflection of practices, policies and is a strong representation of core values.
- As part of the operations team provide efficient, effective and successful control of all base building equipment and systems, such as chillers, boilers, centrifugal pumps and various air handling systems etc.
- Ensure that cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standard.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system.
- Perform demand maintenance and repairs to required fans, pumps etc. as required.
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed.
- Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system while ensuring office staff are satisfied with building operation matters.
- Obtain estimates and quotations for proposed work in the building as required by your leader.
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support the maintenance and ongoing improvement of WHMIS, RiskCheck, environmental, health and safety programs etc.
- Ensure that all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability and Property Management Policies and Procedures. Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing.
- Maintain operator logs, checklists and inspections.
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical ventilation systems.
- Actively participate in emergency response teams
- 3 years plus experience in property management operations.
- Security clearance is a must.
- A technical studies background in Building Environmental Systems (BES) or Building Science
- A strong knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems, Life Safety and Security Systems.
- Experience working with Angus (is preferred).
- A hands-on mechanical and electrical professional with strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Passion for sustainability and energy management.
- A strong reflection of GWLRA’s values – Integrity, Ambition, Empathy and Innovation
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs