One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
GWL Realty Advisors has an exciting opportunity for a Property Manager to oversee our Winnipeg office portfolio.
We are looking for a highly ambitious, customer service oriented, collaborative, nimble and passionate property management professional. We will count on you to establish and maintain strong working relationships with tenants, staff, and contractors. Ensuring that our tenants are 100% satisfied with our services is one of your key priorities so having strong relationship building and problem-solving skills is a must. You will also assist with the implementation of new programs, and ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Updating property management policies, procedures and operations in accordance with the Policy and Procedures Manual
- Addressing & managing occupant problems in a prompt, effective and cost-efficient manner while maintaining a high standard of rapport and consistent communication
- Provide strong mentorship to staff: develop, motivate and recognize direct reports while being able to be hands on when needed
- Develop, administer and submit financial reporting and budgets (operating & capital)
- Complete monthly and quarterly reports on operations, legal matters, environmental issues and RPI (Responsible Property Investing) initiatives
- Conduct and document annual building inspections, as well as routine follow up to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner
- Ensure that that corporate governance, environmental, health & safety policies and procedures are kept compliant
- Spearhead lease compliance, including Lease Administration duties governed by the Property Management team
- Approve Purchase Orders and Invoices accordingly.
- Collaborate on Green Team Meetings, Tenant Events and BOMA initiatives.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Why we’ll want to meet you:
- Minimum of 5 years property management experience (exposure to commercial & office); at least 2 years at the management level
- Post-secondary education; RPA designation preferred
- Proven experience as a people leader, able to motivate and develop a team
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining exceptional client relationships and the ability to partner with clients to meet client needs
- Experience managing budgets
- Professionalism, flexibility and collaborative nature
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Proven organizational skills; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (both written & verbal results within agreed upon time frame
- A passion and focus on environmental issues and ways to reduce carbon footprint
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs