One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Environmental OH&S, the successful candidate will fill a two-year contract as Project Administrator at our corporate Head Office located in Toronto. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide support for members of the Corporate Environmental OH&S Team in order for the team to perform effectively as a whole. The successful candidate will ensure the project administration, corporate administration and accounting aspects of the team’s day to day operations are managed so that others on the team can fulfill their Corporate and technical roles. This role has national reach and is an important part of the successful day to day operations of the Team.
Scope of the Position:
- Administer Master Services Agreements (MSAs) with Approved Environmental Consultants and oversee process, track, and prepare as required, Project Specific Agreements (PSAs)
- Administer comprehensive project and corporate record keeping, including document management systems
- Assist with quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Administer Corporate Environmental and OH&S Steering Committees
- Track, and process as required, environmental consultant project invoices following established controls and procedures
- Prepare Annual Environmental Cost Reporting Summaries
- Process Corporate Environmental OH&S Overhead and National Costs and Expenses
- General Department Administration and Other Duties as Assigned
- Prepare MSAs for newly approved environmental consultants, as required.
- Request, receive, review and file deliverables required under MSAs (insurance, WCB, etc.) and any amendments to company details and/or approved signatories.
- Oversee PSA process and maintain accurate tracking system and filing (eStorage) for all PSAs.
- Prepare and maintain PSA guidance documents and provide training and support, as required
- Prepare PSAs for environmental consultant engagements, only as required (i.e. Team, Investments, Residential Operating).
- Oversee Corporate Imaging Policy implementation and maintain comprehensive record keeping systems (electronic and hard copy) as necessary to ensure accurate project report filing.
- Liaise with other GWLRA departments (Investments, Property Management, Leasing, Asset Management etc.) to collect / provide environmental information as required.
- Ownership and property detail updates.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated records transfers, as required.
- Maintain accurate archived files and records.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. special projects, tracking of environmental insurance renewal process, etc.).
- Maintain a comprehensive record keeping system (electronic and hard copy).
- Maintain employee training attendance records.
- Liaise with other GWLRA departments as required.
- Maintain accurate archived files and records.
- Administer Corporate Quarterly Compliance Reporting process.
- Assist in preparation of various quarterly and annual reports for internal and client use, as required.
- Assist in coordinating meetings, preparing agenda and deliverables for distribution, recording minutes and maintaining records of Corporate Environmental OH&S team meeting and Environmental and OH&S Steering Committees.
- Schedule appointments, arrange meetings and book travel arrangements, as required.
- Maintain team attendance and vacation records.
- Screen incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail and couriers.
- Prepare license, insurance and seminar submissions.
- Administer the Corporate Environmental OH&S SharePoint site.
- Provide administrative support for Corporate Environmental OH&S Team.
- Provide administrative support for updates to Corporate Environmental Policy, Environmental Guidance Documents and associated training.
- Coordination of French translation activities, as required.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Record invoices, reconcile invoices with project specific agreements and as required follow up on outstanding invoice notifications.
- Assist in the preparation of annual environmental expense reports for internal and client purposes.
- Liaise with Accounting, Asset and Property Management, Development, Investments and others, as necessary, to track all environmental expenses.
- Other environmental financial reporting, as required.
- Review and code corporate accounts payable invoices for processing.
- Assist in preparing and process departmental expense reports, including cheque requisitions.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. special projects, tracking of due diligence environmental costs on proposed acquisitions, etc.).
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent; specialization in Environmental and/or OH&S project administration / management is an asset.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and to highest standards for client reporting.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced Computer skills (O365 experience an asset).
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral).
- Financial Skills (financial tracking and reporting).
- Problem solving & decision making.
- Managing change / Teamwork / Leadership.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a non-management position
This is a contract position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs