One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
As a Business Continuity Manager, you will be responsible for oversight of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) program across the organization, which includes business continuity and disaster recovery planning, coordination of inter-departmental activities, education and awareness, testing and maintenance of BCM.
- Ensure preparedness and continuity of critical and operational functions; provide direction and develop strategic plans related to emergency, pandemic, crisis, incident and disaster recovery preparedness and response. Communicate and interact effectively with staff and senior management.
- Develop and maintain GWLRA’s BCM policy and standards, governance framework, business continuity plans, escalation list, BCP roles and responsibilities, and BCP methodology guidelines.
- Ensure GWLRA’s BCM meets legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Lead the development and maintenance of an effective business impact analysis and risk assessment process.
- Provide guidance and work closely with functional leaders to provide a framework for the establishment and/or maintenance of their function specific BCP documentation and testing.
- Provide guidance and work with Property Management Teams to ensure the alignment of disaster recovery, emergency response, and pandemic plans to BCP priorities.
- Collaborate with functions to develop, update, enhance and monitor business continuity plans and procedures.
- Develop incident response/crisis management roles and responsibilities, procedures, training and exercises for GWLRA senior management and executive team.
- Develop and conduct exercises to ensure all BCP Team Members are trained to fulfill specific business continuity responsibilities; evaluate test results and take follow-up action as required; provide updates, feedback and reports to senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and conduct orientation sessions and annual exercises as part of GWLRA’s business continuity education and awareness program.
- Manage and report on the status of initiatives/projects and ensure timely and accurate project completion; serve as a resource to GWLRA on business continuity related issues.
- 4 years business/technical experience in business continuity planning, business process development, project management within technology or real estate industries.
- BCP certification or working towards certification; knowledge of business continuity concepts including ISO 22301 and Good Practice Guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, operations or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills, team building, and leadership capabilities to effectively interact with all levels of management and working groups.
- Strong project management skills required to coordinate, implement and manage diverse range of projects and activities.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs