One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Primary responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly Consolidated Financial Statements, including elimination entries and foreign currency translation
- Maintain and track intercompany balances to ensure compliance with tax planning
- Document analysis of US GAAP to IFRS differences and record adjustments in the financial statements
- Preparation of financial reports on operations to various members of the GWLRA Executive team
- Assist in the research of new IFRS accounting standards as well as analyze the accounting treatment of transactions for clients
- Assist in the coordination and maintenance of Finance Policies & Procedures including in the preparation and revisions of accounting policies based upon new IFRS standards
- Assist in the audit process over properties as well as provide information as part of the Lifeco audit
- Preparation for the billing and recovery of costs from properties, working with regional finance teams to adjust as required
- Analysis of corporate results in comparison to budget to be provided to various members of the Executive team
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND STRENGTHS
- Superior technical accounting knowledge in IFRS
- Ability to assess and subsequently deliver on unstructured tasks
- Superior customer service skills
- Exceptional skills in the use of formulas and functions of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Handling of confidential information
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- CPA designation
- Experience with documentation of processes from an audit perspective
- Experience with implementation of new accounting standards
- Experience with multi-level organizational structures and their consolidations
- Experience in leading or coordinating audit engagements is required
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs