One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
As a Building Operator you will be ensuring that the building is being managed and maintained in a safe, presentable and environmentally friendly manner. GWLRA prides itself in ensuring our properties are managed to the highest level of operational efficiency. You will ensure the building is a true reflection of our practices, policies and is a strong representation of our core values.
Some of your daily responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the efficient, effective and successful control of all base building equipment and systems such as chillers, boilers, centrifugal pumps and various air-handling systems etc.
- Ensuring that cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standard.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (PM) using Angus PM system.
- Perform demand maintenance and repairs to required fans, pumps, etc. as required.
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed.
- Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus Tenant Request (TR) system while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operation matters.
- Assist contractors in the completion of required tasks. Obtain estimates and quotations for proposed work in the building as required.
- Comply with business Health and safety policies such as participating in the OH&S committee.
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support the maintenance and ongoing improvement of WHMIS, risk, environmental, health and safety programs etc.
- Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing including fire pumps and emergency generators..
- Maintain operator logs, checklists and inspections
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical and ventilation systems.
- Actively participate in developing capital projects and annual budgets.
- Work in a team environment supporting the Calgary downtown core group
- Local travel within Calgary between downtown core buildings to ensure that all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability and Property Management Policies and Procedures.
- 5+ years of experience in building operations (high-rise experience preferred)
- A strong knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems.
- 4th or 5th class Power Engineering ticket
- A hands-on mechanical and electrical professional with strong trouble-shooting skills
- Passion for sustainability and energy management
- A strong reflection of GWLRA’s values: Integrity / Ambition / Empathy / Creativity
- Professional customer service and communication abilities
Please note: The selected candidate must be willing to work within a rotation schedule and share on-call duties as part of the rotation schedule, while providing standby support to on-call maintenance staff as required and to attend any after-hours emergencies as may be required from time to time, and back up to other sites within portfolio as required. This role maybe be relocated to another downtown Calgary property location.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs