One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Among the duties in this role will be:
- Deposit rental cheques to appropriate GWLRA bank accounts, code tenant cheques, photocopy cheques and record cash receipts to Tenants’ accounts on CTI
- Perform all rental account and invoice administration, including reconciliations, record maintenance, collections and all tasks related thereto; provide both verbal and written communication with Tenants
- Work closely with various internal groups to ensure all administrative aspects of Tenancy Leases are maintained
- Identify and code operating expenses, ensuring invoices match to purchase orders for accuracy and accurate allocations; ensure timely processing
- Prioritize property operating expense invoices that require immediate payment
- Maintain control logs of property utility, property tax, leasing and capital expenditure invoices; utility tracking administration
- Copy payable invoices and maintain an accurate filing system for audit and reference; monthly AP filing
- Handle a variety of internal and external vendor inquiries regarding invoice payment
- Maintain utilities consumption and costs tracking sheets,
- Complete variance explanations for the monthly property reports
- Assist in preparation of tenant charge backs (where applicable)
- Assist in annual audit function by locating and copying invoices for audit and verification purposes
- Provide back up for Sr. Property Administrator as well provide relief for Reception
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Post secondary education in related discipline
- 2 + years of experience in property administration/real estate property accounting
- Current enrollment in BOMI RPA program is considered an asset
- Computer literacy in both property management systems and Microsoft Office
During the interview, we’ll ask you to tell us about your:
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to meet the needs of clients.
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within the time frame.
- Exceptional communications, organization, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self motivated, professional and flexible.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs