One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Located in the GWLRA Winnipeg office. GWLRA has grown significantly in the past several years, including expansion into the US. We are looking for a leader to join the organization and support the organization in the oversight of the Commodity Tax area. This position will play a key role in assessing tax risk and will work with the Canada Life Commodity Tax team to ensure compliance across the organization.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual Commodity Tax filings
- Review monthly and annual Non-Resident Withholding filings
- Oversight of CRA audits
- Review operating and corporate agreements to ensure compliance with relevant tax requirements of the organization
- Maintain open lines of communication with Canada Life tax teams, working collaboratively to achieve compliance for the organization
- Research areas of taxation and provide recommendations to parent company for review
- Document policies and procedures for the organization on matters related to various tax processes
- Provide guidance to regional accounting offices on tax matters
- Lead, develop and mentor staff
- Where required, participate in client meetings as needed on matters within their area of oversight.
- Advanced technical knowledge of the Excise Tax Act
- Advanced research skills and familiarity with research tools to provide opinions on the application of commodity taxes
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a people leadership role an asset
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to look at the big picture and apply technical knowledge to the business in complex organizational structures
- Ability to teach knowledge to staff and guide interpretations
- Ability to communicate technical information at a business user level
- CPA designation
- Experience with interpretation and review of Commodity Tax filings
- Experience in real estate considered an asset
- Experience in dealing with CRA audits
- Experience leading teams; previous experience overseeing operational teams an asset
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs