One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, monitoring and inspecting all building functions including mechanical and electrical areas; provide direction in maintaining exceptional standards and services; including decisions for various operational modes, equipment logs, inspections, chemical tests, filter changes and temperature concerns
- Providing quotations, recommendations, regular visits and prompt service to building tenants to ensure satisfactory and problem resolution. Order supplies and services based on pre-authorized levels of approval
- Being responsible for the efficient, effective and successful control of all equipment, maintenance and repair building structures and property in accordance with approved practices, procedures and financial limitations
- Implementing WHMIS, Health & Safety programs and departmental directives
- Providing standby support to on-call maintenance staff as required and attend after hour building emergencies
- Directing and supervising repairs to the building and its equipment
- Being involved in energy management practices for lighting and HVAC and seek to identify areas for improvement
- Performing chemical tests on building water systems; including chilled water back up and base building heating systems.
- Conducting final inspections on all construction to ensure deficiencies are corrected, space conforms to codes, ensure that the space has been built as per the drawings and provide a completed and detailed report
- Preparing and submit reports based on operations
- Completing other duties as may be required.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- 5th Class Building Operator Certificate OR Building Operator “A” Certificate. 4th class Certificate would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems.
- Knowledge/experience with pneumatic air systems would be considered an asset
- Strong trouble-shooting skills
- A passion for sustainability and energy management
- A strong reflection of GWLRA’s values: Integrity / Ambition / Empathy / Creativity
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle to perform on call duties.
- An ability to work within the on-call rotation (periodic after-hours work)
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills
- Exceptional communication, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Willingness to advance knowledge and experience through educational study
- Pride in workmanship and ownership of property
- Exceptional customer service skills
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs