One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
We’re looking for someone eager to tackle new challenges with a detail-oriented approach. If you’re passionate about strategically developing creative solutions and deliver excellent customer service, apply today!
Management + Customer Service
- Motivate and develop site staff, managing performance to established standards
- Set and monitor performance and quality targets for site staff
- Maintain an orderly office area, including proper filing of all hard and soft copy documentation and correspondence
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of resident satisfaction through excellent customer service and communication
- Operate properties in accordance with GWLRA Policies and Procedures and expectations of the approved annual budgets.
- Authorize Work Orders and Purchase Orders to approved limits while being cognizant of year-to-date expenditure and approved annual budgets.
- Ensure the timely collection of rent; initiate follow-up where payments are not made and initiate and attend to legal and collection as required.
- Review and approve invoices according to standard policies and procedures. Review and approve new leases according to established approval criteria
- Continually review and evaluate the market rates for each property, ensuring revenues are optimized in the competitive environment
- Ensure preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed
- Complete regular site inspections of properties including vacant apartments, renovated apartments, and common areas to identify opportunities for improvement and report any concerns or deficiencies to ensure resident satisfaction
- Complete required operating and financial reporting including detailed monthly property reports and variance analysis
- Complete weekly availability and traffic reporting as required. Develop and remit quarterly re-forecasts and annual budgets according to established timelines;
- Assist the Director and Project Managers with preparation of capital budgets including the development of 5-year capital plans for each site.
- Review apartments at turnover and prepare a scope of work consistent with established renovation standards
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, including but not limited to: the Residential Tenancies Act, Labor Relations Act, Fire Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Risk Management
- 5+ years of Multi-Residential Property Management experience
- Must hold a valid Real Estate License
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong command of MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Yardi and Yield Star property management systems considered an asset.
- Vehicle required, valid driver’s license
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs