One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
- Manage and administer property related accounting allocations, indirect tax registrations and audits, and property related treasury functions
- Assist Treasury by providing/collating property related banking information for internal and external parties including audits and a variety of ad hoc requests
- Provide support to Corporate Finance as it develops process improvement initiatives
- Review work performed by junior staff members
- Assist with opening and closing property related bank accounts
- Review and sign off on monthly property related bank reconciliation statements
- Other related duties as required
KEY ROLE-SPECIFIC TASKS
- Prepare the billing and recovery of costs from properties by partnering with regional finance teams
- Analyze financial records and prepare/file withholding tax monthly and T4A-NR annually for the property disbursements made to non-residents
- Analyze financial records and prepare/file Parking Tax, as well as Speculation and Vacancy Tax declarations for BC properties
- Maintain Procurement Business Numbers for applicable tenants for properties
- Support the processing of GST/HST/QST returns for properties and clients
- Assist Treasury team as it clears exception items in GL cash suspense accounts
- Support Manager, Treasury in various review processes including but not limited to preparing system set up forms, property internal transfers, and wire transfers forms
- Review and sign off on paperwork for new property holdback bank accounts (prior to requesting Corporate Banking approval)
- Prepare property-related Letter of Credit requests
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of accounting/finance experience, ideally in real estate
- CPA designation or CFE exam eligible
- Exceptional MS Excel skills (formulas + functions)
- Familiarity with commodity taxes and treasury functions would be an asset
- Eager to review process and identify potential process improvements
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and respond to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deliver in a team-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail and able to develop and communicate complex solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders clearly and concisely
- Experience with complex matrixed organizational structures
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs