One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
The ideal candidate has a fundamental understanding of real estate, valuation, and development principles and processes that has helped hone an ability to proactively pursue real estate opportunities.
- Accurately complete financial underwriting and valuation models and provide analysis and support in the valuation of real estate income-producing and development opportunities
- Build, maintain, and improve financial models and consolidate key data for various reports
- Review budget assumptions and assist with revenue & expense assumptions
- Complete market surveys to support modeling assumptions and valuation models in addition to undertaking feasibility analyses
- Collaborate with Asset Management, Operations, Research and other departments to develop pro-formas, sensitivity analyses, and cash flow projections
Transaction Due Diligence
- Coordinate underwriting/ due diligence activities including
- Arranging for and reviewing third party consultant reports
- Liaising with listing brokers and lawyers regarding transaction agreements
- Reviewing and incorporating existing debt
- Prepare internal and external approval memoranda
- Oversee and complete key portions of the due diligence and closing process
- Conduct research projects on an as-needed basis
- Develop and foster a strong working relationship with various participants in the real estate industry including, brokers, appraisers, developers and other investor groups
Presentation and Reporting
- Prepare and participate in presentations to existing and prospective clients
- Prepare various investment committee and final underwriting documents
- Complete client specific checklists
- 2+ years of industry experience with a brokerage firm, mortgage lender, real estate advisor or developer/ manager
- Advanced financial and real estate analysis capabilities, including being highly proficient with MS Excel and Argus Enterprise, allowing you to take initiative for and ownership of transaction-related initiatives
- Your real estate license will be considered an asset, though if not yet licensed will commit to obtaining in the first 24 months of employment
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- Your strong communication skills showcase your ability to take market data findings and present them simply, concisely and effectively
- Your ability to work in a fast-paced environment allows you to meet multiple deadlines and juggle priorities
- During the interview, we’ll want your communication skills to shine as you articulate your ability to multi-task and interpret and apply analytical findings
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs