One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with tenants, staff, and a variety of contractors
- Address tenant issues in a prompt, effective, and cost-efficient manner while maintaining a high standard of rapport and consistent communication
- Provide strong mentorship to staff by communicating clearly and effectively
- Consistently and effectively develop and motivate direct reports while being hands-on when needed
Finance + Budgeting
- Develop, administer, and submit both operating and capital reports
- Prepare and effectively manage capital and operating budgets
- Approve a variety of Purchase Orders and Invoices and, Work Orders
- Responsible for account receivables and payables at property level.
Administration + Reporting
- Complete monthly and quarterly reports on operating expenses, capital, legal matters, and environmental issues
- Ensure that corporate governance, environmental, health & safety policies and procedures are kept compliant
- Spearhead lease compliance, including Lease Administration duties governed by the Property Management team
- Administer property management policies, procedures and operations in accordance with the Policy and Procedures Manual
- Conduct and document annual building inspections, as well as routine follow up to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner
- Ensure tenant and client satisfaction by responding and adapting to issues efficiently and effectively
- Assist with the implementation of new programs and respond to and be able to clarify inquiries around a variety of policies and procedures
- Focus on environmental issues and provide insights and solutions to reduce carbon footprint
- Collaborate on Green Team Meetings, Tenant Events, and BOMA initiatives.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- 2+ years of experience as a commercial property manager (with direct reports preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in commercial property management industry
- Experience preparing and managing operating and capital budgets
- Proven organizational skills that enable effective and efficient delivery while tenant and client needs evolve
- Professional, flexible, and collaborative nature
- RPA designation (or enrollment in) preferred + post-secondary education
- Yardi knowledge would be preferred
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs