One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
This role will require significant confidence in the daily use of technology to provide superior customer service to residents and other clients. This job requires the chosen candidate to be on site daily.
- Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns
- Maintain an overall focus on enhancing the customer experience
- Ensure all team members tasks/duties are completed on time, if applicable
- Participate in monthly meetings with portfolio leads to ensure that all staff are following policy and procedures, if applicable
- Be responsible and accountable for the supervision and activities of all site staff, service providers and contractors
- Ensure all appropriate logs, inspections, certificates, permits are up-to-date
- Host monthly health and safety meeting with all site staff
- Host weekly team meetings in conjunction with the Property Manager
- Ensure compliance with all legislation including but not limited to the Residential Tenancies Act, Tenant Protection Act, Labour Relations Act, Fire Code, and Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Assist and oversee management of major building projects including distribution of notices, coordination, and resident updates
- Conduct performance reviews of all direct reports, if applicable
- Implement process improvements
- Complete thorough orientation and training of new and existing staff according to established policies and procedures
- Educate all staff about their role with respect to Health & Safety standards
- Follow the company’s Health and Safety policy
- Ensure all vendors and contractors comply with the established health and safety policy, and immediately address any infractions, hazardous conditions, or damaged equipment
- Ensure staff wears prescribed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- Maintain occupancy and rental income levels which comply with budgeted expectations
- Oversee leasing activities to ensure productivity with leasing team
- Ensure all leasing forms are properly completed
- Ensure maintenance repairs are completed on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction and safety (within 24 – 48 hours)
- Complete month-end duties and responsibilities, including suite pre-inspection and scheduling of contractors and staff for turnover of suites
- Review and evaluate repairs and maintenance requests to ensure they meet budgetary and operational expenses, if applicable
- Monitor incoming and outgoing suite inspections and document as required
- Conduct annual suite inspections
- Ensure all technicians are following health and safety and GWLRA procedures
- Oversee rent collection striving for zero arrears each month and track frequent delinquency
- Assist with accounts payable when required
- Conduct random site inspections of buildings and suites
- Complete any reporting consistent with requirements of the property management contract
- Perform and document monthly site and vacant suite inspections, routinely follow-up to ensure all deficient items identified are addresses in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory, team lead, or managerial role
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Completion of (or working towards) Property Management Designation
- Residential Property Management experience is required with working knowledge of building mechanics
- Must possess valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of Yardi and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and follow-up is required
- Must be a self-starter with high degree of initiative, flexibility, and professionalism
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and interests while being culturally aware
- Possess knowledge of health and safety practices
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Ability to work flexible hours
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs