One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Position Overview: This role is responsible for the leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations of multi-residential apartments in our High Park portfolio. This role will also show and lease suites to prospective residents with the goal to scout potential tenants, turn them into actual ones and achieve high occupancy rates.
Reports to: Senior Property Manager
Employment Status: Salary (40 hours per week)
Primary Location: High Park
Special Requirements: Availability to work Monday to Saturday from 10:00am-7:00pm – hours of work will vary within the range.
Contract Anticipated End Date: February 2022
Marketing and Leasing:
- Encourages appointments or viewings with all prospective resident callers, walk-ins, and email inquiries
- Qualifies prospective residents to determine their needs and suitability as candidates
- Conducts viewings of the property and suites with prospective residents
- Sells specific property benefits to prospective residents in order to obtain a commitment to rental
- Negotiates leases to achieve optimum value
- Inspects upcoming suite availabilities prior to showing to potential residents
- Informs the Community Manager of any deficiencies or problems noted in the building or on the property that require attention
- Conducts monthly market surveys and provide the information to Head Office
- Carries out other duties and/or procedures related to marketing as assigned
Administration and Reporting:
- Review, complete and maintain Availability Report and Traffic report
- Registers all prospective residents using a Guest Registration Card
- Collects and completes all pertinent information on the Application Form and forwards to the Property Manager for approval
- Completes background checks, order credit checks, completes and executes the signing of all leases, schedules, assignments, and addendum forms
- Notifies all applicants of the Landlord’s decision (approval or decline) of the application
- Provides move-in package to new residents at time of lease signing; provides a full orientation when possible
- Assists with coordination of moving elevator reservations for move-ins and outs with the Community Manager for new and current residents
- Assists with completion of incoming and outgoing suite inspections and documents as required
- Carries out other duties and/or procedures related to rental and administration of suites as assigned
- Handles all telephone and walk-in inquiries from prospective residents professionally and courteously
- Follows up with prospects
- 1-3 years of work experience in Sales and/or Customer Service
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Property Management experience an asset
- Intermediate level knowledge of Yardi and MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving is required
- Must be a self-starter with high degree of initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and interests while being culturally aware
- Have a thorough understanding of competing properties and current market conditions
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a contract position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs