One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Canada Life’s real estate subsidiary, GWL Realty Advisors Inc.(“GWLRA”), has a challenging opportunity for an Accounts Payable Administrator. Duties include a variety of administrative responsibilities including transaction processing of expense invoices, process cheque runs, answering vendor payment inquires and other administrative functions.
Reporting into: Winnipeg
Current Work Location: Remote
Interview Process: Remote
- Coordinate the centralized Accounts Payable function for GWLRA. Process property expense and capital invoices on the real estate property management system for both commercial and residential properties daily. Verify authority levels and validity of payment.
- Process online payment and pre-authorized payments.
- Process property disbursement cheque runs on all GWLRA real estate bank accounts and companies.
- Process and maintain controls of all manual cheques, bank drafts and wire payments issued for all GWLRA real estate bank accounts.
- Process and maintain controls of all stop payments, cancelled/stale dated cheques for all GWLRA real estate bank accounts.
- Distribute system produced and manual cheques to vendors.
- Electronic deposit of cheques received to GWLRA and achieve in SharePoint.
- Handle a variety of email/telephone inquiries from GWLRA offices, Winnipeg Head Office, and External Vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education with an administrative background or related work experience or one-year Community College.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Proficiency in, Word, Excel, Office 365 and Yardi is a definite asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good organization skills with the ability to handle competing priorities, manage fluctuating volumes, and are deadline driven.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs