One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
- Complete daily cash analysis and reporting using online banking systems, real estate systems and spreadsheets. Provide information (e.g., account balances, zero-balancing, pre-authorized payments, etc.) to Winnipeg and Regional staff.
- Request funding or invest excess funds by coordinating with various business units within Canada Life and GWLRA.
- Complete weekly and monthly bank reconciliations for all real estate bank accounts and prepare memo for senior management on findings during process.
- Ensure all reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner.
- Ensure trust account reconciliations comply with applicable provincial trust account legislations.
- Complete and process requests for payments (direct deposit, wire, bank drafts etc.) required for closing real estate acquisitions and confirm receipt of funds required for closing real estate dispositions.
- Complete requests for letters of credit, working with GWLRA business units and financial institutions. Prepare quarterly reporting for letters of credit.
- Process and review monthly pre-authorized debit files and reports for collecting lease payments (commercial and residential properties). Resolve exceptions with Regional offices and financial institutions.
- Complete the process for opening and closing of bank accounts and other banking setup requirements on acquisitions and property management transitions.
- Assist with drafting treasury policies and procedures.
- Assist/prepare banking confirmation requests and banking schedules for trust accounts audit and other banking related external audit requirements.
- Assist with providing treasury related information on internal audit and compliance reviews.
- Participate in treasury and audit projects and initiatives as well as respond to and complete ad hoc requests from Senior Management.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND STRENGTHS:
- Highly analytical, can provide solutions to issues and with very good attention to details.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize properly and work on tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word documents, very good knowledge of accounting.
- Able to manage change, can work independently or as part of a team.
- University Degree in Accounting or currently enrolled in a professional accounting program (CPA), with no less than 2 years related business experience.
- Experience with multi-level organizational structures
- Experience working in treasury and real estate industry as well as familiarity with online banking systems and Canadian banking policies would be a definite asset.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Yardi Voyager 7S experience an asset
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs