One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
You will have the opportunity to work closely with GWL Realty Advisors team to ensure the reliable uptime of supporting all mechanical, HVAC and electrical equipment, having strong communication skills and a professional demeanor.
You will be, able to cover shift work, be organized, flexible and efficient in addition to having superb customer service skills. The property is critical to the operation of the business, we are looking for a Building Operator who is very hands on and has the skills required to provide constant upkeep.
- Assist in the efficient, effective and successful control of all base building equipment and systems such as chillers, boilers, centrifugal pumps and various air-handling systems etc.
- Ensuring that cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standard.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system. Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operation matters
- Perform demand maintenance and repairs to required fans, pumps, etc. as required.
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed.
- Assist contractors when required in the completion of required tasks.
- Comply with business Health and safety policies such as participating in the H&S committee,
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support the maintenance and ongoing improvement of WHMIS, environmental, health and safety programs etc.
- Follow all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability and Property Management Policies and Procedures.
- Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing including back up, base building or tenant generators.
- Maintain operator logs, checklists and inspections
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical and ventilation systems. Participate in third party and inhouse training on energy management.
- 5/4th class power engineering license or Building Environmental systems (BES) or Hospitality Tech or Junior Engineer 1&2 or Industrial Tech or Building Operator Certificate (BOC) certifications
- Valid drivers license or alternate transportation access
- Experience in commercial, hospitality, industrial or trade experience in property maintenance operations
- A working knowledge of Building Heating Ventilating & Air-conditioning (HVAC), Plumbing, Electrical, Building Automation Systems (BAS) and Life Safety/fire Systems.
- A highly collaborative & team-oriented personality as we all work closely together, and problem solve together
- Hands-on experience (or base training) with Heating Ventilating & Air-conditioning (HVAC), Plumbing, Electrical, Building Automation Systems (BAS) and Life Safety/fire Systems with strong trouble-shooting skills, mechanical aptitude with willingness to learn and develop
- Understanding of sustainability and energy management fundamentals
- A strong reflection of GWLRA’s values ISFIT – Integrity, Service, Fun, Innovation & teamwork
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs