About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
- Plumbing: includes the repair, replacement or installation of faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, and washing machines. Investigation of leaks and plumbing issues within the building and/or suites.
- Electrical: includes the repair, replacement or installation of power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, and garage doors openers
- Drywall Repair: includes filling in small holes caused by nails and minor dings from normal wear and tear; most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy
- Painting: includes minor touch-ups following damage repair, upkeep of the common areas and new painting walls, as needed
- Appliance Repair: includes the minor repair, replacement or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, microwaves, etc.
- Grounds Keeping: includes winterization of terraces and common area, watering plants in office and pots, replacing light bulbs in common areas, exterior lighting and parking areas, power-washing terraces and entry, and any other duty if asked.
- Cleaning/Housekeeping: includes maintaining a tidy appearance in maintenance storage, mechanical penthouse, parking garage, offices, reserved amenity spaces, fitness center and all common areas and also includes cleaning fixtures, floors and other surfaces in vacated units before new renters assume occupancy, as needed.
- Contractor Management: includes escorting contractors into resident suites to allow them to perform repairs, ensuring that contractors are using proper gear and safety practices for the work they are performing, and reporting work completed by contractors in our Yardi work order system.
- Life Safety and Systems Maintenance: includes maintaining all logs for mechanical components of the building, fire safety systems (extinguishers and smoke detectors), fall protection, Personal Protective Equipment maintenance and reporting any potential life safety issues to your Maintenance or Property Manager, completing annual inspections
- Snow Removal: includes shoveling, blowing or plowing snow away from walkways, common areas and driveways, and laying down rock salt atop icy surfaces to prevent slipping, maintaining snow log
- Customer Service: includes professional, prompt and courteous correspondence with residents when scheduling and providing maintenance services, and with contracted vendors that provide additional facility services
- Time Management: includes maintaining an organized scheduling and tracking system, usually by paper, to effectively complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner and in the order by which they were received or by level of urgency
- 2+ years of experience in a maintenance role
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Property Management experience an asset
- Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and follow-up is required
- Must be a self-starter with high degree of initiative, flexibility, and professionalism
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and interests while being culturally aware
- Possess knowledge of health and safety practices
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Flexible work environment with some ability to work from home
- Flexible Benefits
- Collaborative team environment
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA!
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs