About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
Position Overview: We are currently on the lookout for a Building Operator to oversee our 1 Toronto Street property as well as cross train at 33 Yonge! This is an exciting opportunity to work out of a high-profile property. You will have the opportunity to work closely with GWL Realty tenants, along with other high caliber tenants so having strong communication skills and a professional demeanor is a must have.
As a Building Operator, you will be a part of our building operations team who are responsible ensuring that the building is being managed and maintained in a safe, presentable and environmentally friendly manner. GWLRA prides itself on ensuring our properties are managed to the highest level of operational efficiency. You will ensure the building is a true reflection of our practices, policies and is a strong representation of our core values.
- Assist in the efficient, effective and successful control of all base building equipment and systems such as chillers, boilers, centrifugal pumps and various air-handling systems etc.
- Ensuring that cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standard.
Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system.
- Perform demand maintenance and repairs to required fans, pumps, etc as required.
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed and documented.
- Record, track and document water and hydro readings as required.
- Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operation matters as well as follow up to ensure the issues were resolved.
- Assist contractors in the completion of required tasks. Obtain estimates and quotations for proposed work in the building as required.
- Comply with business Health and safety policies such as participating in the H&S committee, meetings and inspections.
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support the maintenance and ongoing improvement of WHMIS, Cority, environmental, health and safety programs etc.
- Ensure that all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability and Property Management Policies and Procedures. Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing including chilled water back up, base building and tenant generators.
Maintain operator logs, checklists and inspections.
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical and ventilation systems. Participate in all Energy Management Meeting by WSP.
- Ensure all fire life safety equipment is tested and documented as per fire code frequencies.
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager or Technical Services Manager.
- 5+ years in previous experience in commercial property management operations or similar field.
- A technical studies background in Building Environmental Systems (BES) and or BOMI SMT designation.
- A strong knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems.
- A highly collaborative and team-oriented attitude.
- Previous experience working with Angus or similar type of software (is preferred)
- A hands on mechanical and electrical professional with strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft programs including Teams, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Passion for sustainability and energy management.
- A strong reflection of GWLRA’s values ISFIT – Integrity, Service, Fun, Innovation & teamwork.
The selected candidate must be willing to work within a rotation schedule and share on-call duties as part of the rotation schedule, while providing standby support to on-call maintenance staff as required and to attend any after-hours emergencies as may be required from time to time, and back up to other sites within portfolio as required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Flexible work environment with some ability to work from home
- Flexible Benefits
- Collaborative team environment
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA!
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs