About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
Current Work Location: Remote
Interview Process: Remote
Position Overview: Reporting to the Vice President, Legal Affairs, this candidate, located in our downtown Toronto office, will provide overall national support to GWLRA’s Legal Affairs team of lawyers and law clerks with a high degree of accuracy, professionalism, discretion and judgment.
You enjoy organizing and planning tasks while maintaining a high level of detail. No task is too complex or minor to you – you are highly collaborative and want to help with whatever is needed by the team! You will have the opportunity to get exposure to both legal and analytical work.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about legal administration work but also enjoys working with analytics and reporting.
- Works closely with all Legal Affairs staff to ensure that all commercial lease transactions, and department projects are completed in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinates and attends weekly department meetings, and other meetings as requested, including preparing/distributing agendas, taking minutes and following up on action items
- Prepares for all internal/external meetings, including research and documentation and presentation preparation
- Acts as key liaison for the team with internal and external clients and other legal professionals
- Develops and maintains relationships with peer business executive administrative professionals, and other internal subject matter experts
- Consistently exercises discretion in managing legal documents, correspondence, and other sensitive information in accordance with strict obligations of confidentiality and legal privilege
- Prepares documents, photocopies, scans, answers phone and greets visitors at reception
- Booking travel and accommodation for team members as needed
- Other duties where required in support of the VP
- Coordinates department meetings, appointments, boardroom bookings, off-site and on-site meetings, conference calls, social engagements, travel arrangements, catering, IT resources and other requirements in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation
- Obtains briefing materials for meetings and events from the appropriate sources.
Supports and drives team members to ensure timely attendance of all meetings
- Prepares a variety of documents including reports, memos, and letters
- Assists in the coordination of internal processes including being point of contact, organizing reporting groups
- Supports the team data storage and organizational needs via O365
- Supports the team paper file storage including the Legal Library
Invoice Preparation, Document Tracking, and Preparing Reports
- Prepares and processes invoices for legal services rendered by the department and supports budgeting for and tracking of same, all as required by the VP and internal finance teams
- Supports and monitors the department’s Lease Tracking Spreadsheets
- Supports the tracking and monitoring of external counsel legal fees
- Process invoices/expense reports for individual team members in a timely manner and in accordance with accounting policies
- Post-secondary education; at least 5 years experience in an administrative position – ideally in a legal and/or commercial leasing field
- Strong organization and planning skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable with a significant amount of number crunching and complex spreadsheets
- Tech savvy, with advanced PC skills primarily with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment where volume is high and there are many competing priorities
- Initiative taker, with a positive, solutions-oriented approach to challenges, who is proactive and calm under pressure.
- Solid relationship building skills and the ability to interact professionally and confidently with various internal and external parties
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- A resourceful, open minded, inquisitive attitude with a sense of humour
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Flexible work environment with some ability to work from home
- Flexible Benefits
- Collaborative team environment
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA!
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs