About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
This position is in the GWLRA Winnipeg Office. This position oversees the accounts payable and disbursement functions for GWLRA’s real estate portfolios. GWLRA manages approximately 400 properties with $15.4 billion in real estate assets.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance, we are looking for a leader to join the organization and support the Winnipeg Accounts Payable team in the oversight of our national account payable operations. The role will provide leadership and mentorship overseeing 9 staff in our Winnipeg office. This position will play a key role in managing risk to the organization by following and implementing new controls as necessary. In addition, this role be involved in new accounts payable initiatives.
Oversee the accounts payable transactional processing & disbursements:
- Manage automated accounts payable workflow, ensuring operating expense and capital approved invoices are paid timely for approximately 135,000 invoices annually
- Oversee the cheque runs and cheque disbursement.
- Monitor and approve the cancelling of cheques, stop payments, re-starting workflows.
- Assist with the implementation of and oversee the operations of new electronic payment functions
- Ensure compliance to accounts payable policies and procedures
- Follow Industry best practices and ensure compliance with all Provincial legislation requirements for tenants and contractors.
Leadership and Management of Staff:
- Manage accounts payable staff, including new hires, performance evaluations, compensation recommendations.
- Provide training, coaching and mentorship of staff.
- Provide guidance and support to Winnipeg and Regional Finance and Business Staff regarding accounts payable matters.
- Set and monitor productivity targets.
Responsible for Accounts Payable Management Reporting:
- Oversee a variety of account payable control reports
- Coordinate special requests for senior management (policy holder/client – vendor information, internal and external audit).
- Management of the 3 Winnipeg Administrative support staff
- Responsible for the documentation and resolution of accounts payable system issues
- System enhancement and process improvement recommendations and implementation
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND STRENGTHS
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and lead teams
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to teach knowledge to staff and guide interpretations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of post-secondary education. Specialization in Accounting/Finance, such as Business Administration or B. Comm would be an asset.
- Completion of/or working toward a professional accounting designation would be an asset
- Proficiency in automated Accounts Payable systems (Yardi Voyager 7S software) would be an asset
- Proven experience with process improvement
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deal with fluctuating work volumes
- 5+ years experience in a senior role in accounts payable or a related field
- Strong proficiency with MS Office suite of tools, and especially MS Excel
WHAT WE OFFER
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Flexible work environment with some ability to work from home
- Flexible Benefits
- Collaborative team environment
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA!
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs