About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
- Oversee the timely collection of rents and other tenant billings; including arrears
- Deposit tenant cheques to appropriate accounts and post to tenants’ accounts on property management software
- Oversee annual rental notices and year-end adjustments by the deadline dates; ensure final billings are issued promptly
- Issue monthly tenant statements and regularly reconcile their accounts; respond to tenant lease inquiries
- Complete various reports; including monthly Accounts Receivable reports and Payables reports by deadlines, asset reports
- Work with tenants and accounting to respond to year end variance questions and account reconciliations
- Manage lease charge backs to tenants, monitor the recovery of costs based on tenant lease allowances
- Create and manage revenue agreements and billing, (i.e. storage, parking, POP sites, advertising, percentage rent, gross sales)
- Coordinate and administer year end accrual process with accounting and site team
- Assist the Property Manager in various forms of rental recoveries
- Assist the Property Manager in the budget preparation and data entry into Yardi.
- Work with Manager of Technical Services in maintaining utility billing tracking reports and revenue-based meter reading tracking for consumption and billing purposes, submit to corporate energy consultants, accounting, tenants, as required.
- Assist with year-end vacancy credit document submission, and vacancy reporting for monthly janitorial credit billing
- Oversee all supplier invoices are processed following established policies and procedures; including proper set up, back up, proper coding and are processed within the expected timeline
- Administer the purchase order system and contract administration, including development of an annual contract summary to ensure renewals are in place before expiry.
- Track and administer capital project expense billing, assist with capital expense project close out
- Set-up and monitor the Contractor/Vendor supplier lists in the vendor maintenance program
- Ensure proper file management and archive of files, for receivables, payables and tenant lease files
- Liaison with tenants and suppliers; respond quickly to payable inquiries and disputes regarding invoices; maintaining a strong focus on good customer service.
- Back up Tenant Services Coordinator position as required
- Other duties assigned
- 5+ years of experience in property administration
- Related post-secondary education (accounting, business, finance, and/or economics)
- Are proficient in both MS Offices applications and property management systems
During the interview, we’ll ask you to tell us about your:
- Excellent customer service skills that enable you to meet client needs
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within the time frame.
- Exceptional communications, organization, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
What we Offer
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs