About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
This role is counted on to establish and maintain strong relationships with tenants, staff and contractors. It also assists with the implementation of new programs and ensure policies and procedures are followed. Another responsibility will be the analysis, recommendation and introduction of “green” technologies that drive operational improvements.
- Manage property repair and maintenance operations, including but not limited to building mechanical, electrical and life safety systems.
- Responsible and accountable for the staff’s daily activities, which includes the repair, maintenance and replacement of the building’s major components and related systems.
- Oversee the operations of the building automation systems to ensure maximum energy efficiency and occupant comfort.
- Develop, administer and follow-up on preventive maintenance programs for all equipment and the building in general (Angus Preventive Maintenance).
- Ensure life safety and risk management programs are implemented and kept current.
- Lead and oversee Energy Management, including detailed utility tracking, monthly analysis of meter readings, metering program and meter recertification.
- Perform daily inspections of buildings ensuring the Senior Property Manager and Property Manager are kept updated on any discrepancies and the remedy
- Monitor, mentor, coach and develop direct reports, ensure adherence to policies and procedures, provide recognition, evaluate and provide feedback on performance, address performance concerns and resolve problems
- Document and arrange for appropriate remedial work using the company purchasing/procurement guidelines
- In collaboration with procurement negotiate and manage all service contracts
- Lead their team in providing the highest levels of service to all customers with whom they interact, whether internal or external, with the goal of continuously improving the customer experience
- Champion programs for increasing employment engagement, communications and people development
- Oversee and monitor customer service levels provided and implements continuous service improvements
- Implements improved operational processes that enhance capabilities to meet/exceed service standards
- Ensures organizational adherence and accountability to standard operating procedures
- Oversee all health and safety requirements
Reporting + Budgeting
- Review and update both technical and operations manuals including Fire Plan, Emergency Management Plan, Disaster Plan, Construction Rules and Regulations, Asbestos Management Plan, Energy Management Plan.
- Provide monthly reports on base building operation to the Property Manager in a prompt fashion.
- Aid with preparing an annual budget (Operating Expenses and Capital) within time constraints and in conjunction with the Property Manager. Responsible for the administration of the approved operating budget.
- Establish building service contracts specifications, prepare tenders based on the policies and procedures established, make recommendations, obtain Property Manager approval, and follow up on execution and performance.
- Oversee preparation and ongoing administration of capital project administration, documents, contracts and related functions.
- Review and negotiate building services contracts to ensure prudent, cost-effective practices are followed.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with the preparation and execute yearly expense budgets
- Oversee the budgeting and management of all operations contracts
- Develop and manage Capital Expenditures program
- Assist with the completion of year end accruals
- Maintain and monitor budget control books, including controlling the purchasing of supplies
- Liaise with tenants regularly to ensure complete tenant satisfaction and ensure that tenant concerns are promptly addressed.
- Partner with energy consultants to ensure building utility on track and oversee energy management projects.
- 6+ years of commercial industry experience at multiple properties, including people leadership experience
- Post-secondary education is preferred, ideally in mechanical/civil engineering. Courses in building services or the technical trades will also be considered
- BOMI SMA, SMT, FMA , RPA is an asset
- Solid contract management and computer skills (Excel, Word, YARDI, ANGUS, Office 365 and some shared database exposure)
- Knowledge of LEED and BOMA standards, and an environmental focus
- Excellent people leadership abilities and a dedication to continuous improvement
- Approachable, positive demeanor with a hands-on and team-oriented work style
- Ability to apply successful initiatives utilizing up-to-date industry technologies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to quickly understand and identify issues and propose solutions
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment. Able to adapt to shifting priorities
- Takes initiative, is proactive in their work, and results-oriented
- Ability to manage and adapt to change
- Extensive experience working with budgets and understanding financial statements
- Must be a resourceful team player, with a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to effectively balance numerous priorities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate proficient in the English language (verbal and written)
- Strong team player, working well and collaboratively with all on site departments
What we Offer
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs