About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
Be responsible for managing all aspects of the construction phase(s) of active development projects throughout the Eastern Canada Region, currently in the Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal markets. A construction background with exposure to hi-rise residential development, understanding of industry standard construction contracts and their resulting administration and direct project management experience managing complex construction projects is essential. This position will require domestic travel, the extent of which will be determined in part by COVID restrictions and company policies.
Pre-Development Project Coordination:
- Participate in and assist as necessary the pursuit of/and obtaining all municipal permits/approvals (building permits, SPA, neighbor agreements etc.) as required to achieve project schedules and objectives.
- Management of contract administration and ensure appropriate progression through their respective reviews and approvals.
- Contribute to and manage as required elements of the project consultant & construction manager procurement process; including the preparation of pre-qualifications, competitive tender documents and the subsequent evaluation/comparison of bid submissions ensuring the fair, transparent and non-biased recommendation to senior management as required.
Planning & Scheduling
- Manage all aspects of assigned development projects (including multi-family, commercial office/industrial, mixed use etc.) throughout their various construction phases.
- Prepare and distribute accurate and timely project reports (for internal and external clients). Review and evaluate all changes to quantify their effect on schedule, cost and/or quality.
- Provide appropriate recommendations to senior management for consideration and approval.
- Review all construction documents and drawings to confirm compliance with overall project objectives.
- Manage all ‘Letters of Credit’ issuance/releases, ensuring required obligations are completed and LC’s are released on a timely basis.
- Conduct regular site inspections to assess overall construction progress and ensure progress aligns with the approved schedule.
- Manage and oversee 3rd party project managers, consultants and contractors and associated project administration as required.
- Responsible for processing, approving project related invoices and monthly draws and cost coding appropriately for the project accounting software program (Yardi 7S).
- Manage the receipt, coordination, and timely approvals of RFI’s, CCN’s CO’s, CD’s.
- In cooperation with the property and asset management teams, develop the procurement strategy for all required fixtures, furnishings and equipment and coordinate delivery & installation thereof.
- Coordination with the property management to co-develop the transition plan, taking the project from construction completion through occupancy.
- Manage all ‘Letters of Credit’ issuance/releases, ensuring required obligations are completed.
- Oversight of all Tenant construction or defined sub-projects as required.
- Manage all aspects of the closeout/warranty/training phase and ensure comprehensive transition plans are developed in support of a smooth and orderly conversion from construction project to operating facility.
Budgeting & Financial Management
- Monitor and provide regular forward-looking financial projections, comparing projected costs and cash flows compared to original budget assumptions along with associated variance explanations and supporting rationale.
- Track and manage all financial commitments to aid in the preparation of accurate financial projections.
- Responsible for record keeping of relevant key files such as soft cost, change orders and project reports.
- Review and oversee project related expenses verifying work has been performed and completed satisfactorily such that payments may be released.
- 5+ years of experience with a large-scale development, construction, or engineering firm.
- University or College Degree / Diploma, ideally in either Engineering/Architecture/planning or Business Administration, Commerce or in an appropriate field of study
- Possess or is actively working towards a PMP, RPA, FMA, SMA or similar designation(s).
- Working knowledge of municipal planning entitlements & building permit process.
- Able to read/interpret construction drawings (Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical and Civil) and experience with negotiating/management/enforcement of CCDC/CCA forms of contract.
- Superior communication and organizational skills will allow you to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects under strict budget and schedule constraints and communicate status thereof to senior managers and stakeholders.
- Your well-developed financial analysis and technical skills include a strong knowledge of MS Office suite (including, Excel, Word, Outlook, and MS Project) and knowledge of Yardi project management systems would be an asset.
- Knowledge of/use of AutoCAD/BIM/Revit is considered an asset.
- Previous experience with the successful implementation of measurable ‘value engineering’ techniques.
- Exposure to “Intelligent” or “Smart” building technologies would be beneficial.
What we Offer
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs