About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
The successful candidate will provide in-depth and thoughtful analysis to support internal asset valuation and external appraisals, operational improvement, lease transactions, capital spending, development projects, acquisitions and dispositions, and ad hoc analysis as it arises.
Valuation and Planning:
- Play an integral role in the annual appraisal process; including liaising with the external appraisers, providing pertinent information, reviewing draft appraisals and corresponding valuation models, and presenting the final report to senior asset management and portfolio management teams.
- Support the asset management team as it spearheads the preparation of annual budgets, interim forecasts, and business plans, in collaboration with various internal groups.
- Leverage our internal database in conjunction with public market data to help provide critical insights relevant to our asset class.
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards and visualizations that drive strategic decision-making
- Be able to communicate the 'story' the data tells and the implications to our portfolio
- Consistently seek out and identify opportunities to leverage data to improve process excellence across the organization.
- Work closely with the property management and development teams to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of large-scale capital expenditure programs.
- Prepare presentations to external clients; including mid-year review presentations and budget presentations.
- Keep current with market trends, prepare market reports and research papers for internal use.
- Provide support to the asset management team on special projects as needed.
- A degree in real estate or a related field and have a minimum of 2-years of experience working in multi-family real estate, development, valuations or a related field.
- A CFA or a candidate member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) would be an asset.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Argus software to conduct analysis and make informed recommendations to a team of asset managers.
- Communication and financial analysis skills.
- Multi-task and interpret and apply analytical findings.
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs