About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
We’re looking for an Operations Supervisor to oversee two of our commercial properties in Downtown Ottawa! This role is responsible for ensuring that our buildings are well presented and operated according to the highest possible standards. To be successful, vision should not only be focused on the day-to-day operations of the property but also the long-term potential of the property. This role is counted on to establish and maintain strong relationships with tenants, staff, and contractors. It also assists with the implementation of new programs and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage property repair and maintenance operations, including but not limited to building mechanical, electrical and life safety systems.
- Responsible and accountable for the staff’s daily activities, which includes the repair, maintenance and replacement of the building’s major components and related systems.
- Oversee the operations of the building automation systems to ensure maximum energy efficiency and occupant comfort.
- Develop, administer and follow-up on preventive maintenance programs for all equipment and the building in general (Angus Preventative Maintenance).
- Ensure life safety and risk management programs are implemented and kept current.
- Perform routine inspections of buildings ensuring the Property Manager is kept updated on any discrepancies and the remedy
- Document and arrange for appropriate remedial work using the company purchasing/procurement guidelines
- Oversee and monitor customer service levels provided and implements continuous service improvements
- Ensures organizational adherence and accountability to standard operating procedures
- Oversee all health and safety requirements
- Ensure all applicable code and/or regulatory testing and inspections are done on time and documented
- Oversee site security team and administration of the security system
Reporting + Budgeting
- Review and update both technical and operations manuals including Fire Plan, Emergency Management Plan, Disaster Plan, Construction Rules and Regulations, Asbestos Management Plan, Energy Management Plan
- Log daily and provide monthly reports on base building operations to the Property Manager in a prompt fashion.
- Establish building service contracts specifications, prepare tenders based on the policies and procedures established, make recommendations, obtain approval, and follow up on execution and performance.
- Oversee preparation and ongoing administration of capital project administration, documents, contracts and related functions
- Monitor, mentor, coach and develop direct reports, ensure adherence to policies and procedures, provide recognition; evaluate and provide feedback on performance, address performance concerns and resolve problems
- Lead their team in providing the highest levels of service to all customers with whom they interact, whether internal or external, with the goal of continuously improving the customer experience
- Liaise with tenants regularly to ensure complete tenant satisfaction and ensure that tenant concerns are promptly addressed.
- Oversee tenant improvement work and obtain proposals and pricing for work
- Must be able to attain and maintain a Secret Level clearance
- 6+ years of commercial industry experience at multiple properties, including people leadership experience
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Building Sciences, BOMI Designations (SMA/SMT) and/or Trades training (BES Class 1 and 2)
- Solid contract management and computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, Office 365, YARDI, ANGUS, Cority and some shared database exposure)
- Knowledge of LEED and BOMA standards, and an environmental focus
- Excellent people leadership abilities and a dedication to continuous improvement
- Approachable, positive demeanor with a hands-on and team-oriented work style
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to quickly understand and identify issues and propose solutions
- Takes initiative, is proactive in their work, and results-oriented
- Ability to manage and adapt to change
- Must be a resourceful team player, with a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to effectively balance numerous priorities. Able to adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate proficiently in the English language (verbal and written)
- Bilingualism (French) an asset but not a requirement
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs