About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Investments, you will work on a team that has executed on $4.0 billion of investment activity over the past 5 years, you have a fundamental understanding of real estate, valuation and the investment processes and this has honed your keen sense and ability to identify and proactively pursue real estate opportunities. Your strong communication skills showcase your ability to take market data findings and present them simply, concisely and effectively.
- Collaborating with Asset Management, Operations, Research and other departments to develop pro-formas, sensitivity analysis and cash flow projections.
- Maintaining financial models and providing recommendations for on-going improvements and consolidating key data for various reports.
- Coordinate underwriting/ due diligence activities including arranging for and reviewing third party consultant reports, liaising with listing brokers and lawyers regarding transaction agreements, reviewing and incorporating existing debt and assisting with closing procedures.
- Reviewing budget assumptions and assisting with revenue & expense assumptions
- Prepare and participate in presentations to existing and prospective clients, prepare various investment committee and final underwriting documents, and complete client specific checklists.
- Minimum of 2 years of real estate experience in an investments, appraisal, or investment brokerage capacity
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise, and an ability to create complex, dynamic financial models.
- Strong understanding of cash flow and valuation methods
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interpret analytical results
- Highly collaborative but also comfortable working independently when required
- Have a university degree which is ideally business or real estate related
- Strong attention to detail but also able to thrive in a fast paced and high-volume environment
- Your real estate license will be considered an asset, though if not yet licensed will commit to obtaining in the first 18 months of employment.
- A passion for the real estate industry
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs