About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
Support the GWLRA Corporate Sustainability team’s efforts through data management, analysis, programming, reporting, and research activities. Representing the Corporate Sustainability team, the candidate will ensure business unit-needs continue to be met by supporting data management functions, updating policies, supporting national programs, and coordinating with service providers to ensure sustainability-related information is up-to-date and accurate. The role will also support our Corporate Sustainability team and company as we move forward with our recent commitment to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2050 (see more here).
The Analyst will support and collaborate with teams across the Company on internal and external sustainability-related communications and corporate and client reporting initiatives. This role will produce sustainability research on industry trends, innovation, and best practices to support and propel GWLRA’s sustainability growth efforts.
Data Management and Analysis
- Support the management of a proprietary database, including the collection, review, and analysis of sustainability-related data (e.g., energy and water consumption, waste production, GHG emissions, and sustainability-related activities)
- Coordinating with service providers, internal teams (e.g., property management, portfolio, etc.), and externally-hosted databases to ensure sustainability-related information (e.g., property details, utilities data) is up-to-date and accurate in various systems
National Sustainability Policies and Programming
- Track progress on and help further the internal national green building certification initiative
- Assist in the development and review of sustainability policies
- Coordinate and administer GWRLA’s internal target-setting initiative(s) and support the development and execution of programs related to climate change risk management (i.e., net-zero, resiliency)
Corporate and Client Reporting
- Prepare annual and quarterly client sustainability reporting
- Coordinate the development of the annual Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Inventory Report with the company’s service provider, for the company and individual clients
- Support annual submissions into the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB)
- Work with service provider to manage regulatory reporting requirements for properties within the portfolio
- Compile information and data for GWLRA’s Annual Review and Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) aligned reporting
- Assist with work external, industry-related sustainability working groups, committees, and benchmarks, as required
- Support the secretariat function of the internal councils, committees and working groups over which GWLRA Corporate Sustainability has responsibility
- 1-3 years of experience in sustainability, GHG emissions reporting, and/or energy management, preferably in the commercial real estate sector
- Post-secondary education in a related field (environmental or sustainability studies, geography, urban planning, commerce/business administration, etc.)
- Experience with data management; in particular, the use of Microsoft Access (or database equivalent) and Microsoft Excel
- Experience helping to prepare and participate in the delivery of presentations and reports
- Familiarity with and/or interest in continuing professional development and pursuit of relevant credentialing (e.g. CEM, LEED GA, SASB FSA, etc.)
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs