About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
GWLRAR is dedicated to providing its residents with personal, professional and responsive service. Rental apartment buildings are impeccably clean, are well located next to services, amenities and transit, and continually strive to be environmentally efficient. The company creates a sense of community within each property, while also connecting with the surrounding neighbourhood through social-responsibility programs. All of this combines to deliver the best customer experience for the renter, making it a place to truly call home.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
Report to the Vice President of Operations, this position will be the strategic business leader for a portfolio of premium rental properties in the Downtown Urban Toronto properties. The candidate will be responsible for the protection and preservation of real estate assets on behalf of pension funds and institutional owners.
You will have the opportunity to work with collaborative and seasoned cross functional teams, to identify and implement best in class operating procedures to grow revenues and maximize financial performance of each asset. The Director of Operations will deliver service strategies to meet the brand’s standards, ensure resident satisfaction and maintain positive owner relations.
- Key responsibilities include managing profitability and revenue goals, people leadership and maintaining operations excellence.
- A willingness to embrace new technology and innovative technological solutions is key, with an eye towards the future.
- An ability to balance an interest in revenue growth and customer service is essential.
- Leading a large team, with modern management skills and techniques, is also essential.
- Delivering operational excellence strategies and practices
- Delivering or exceeding revenue targets with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong coaching, mentoring and developing of staff at all levels including a clear understanding of employee engagement
- Innate ability to build collaborative relationships with all levels of the organization
- Exhibits strong self awareness and high EQ
- Champions, embraces and fosters change and continuous improvement initiatives
- Operational experience
- Experience in property management or keen interest in real estate industry
- Experience in a complex and highly regulated industry
- Passion for delivering superior high touch customer experiences
- Strong history of success of inspiring collaboration and bringing diverse groups to consensus
- Has a mindset of making things better, understands best practices
- Extensive background of making decisions that influence significant change in an organization
- Ability to travel
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs