About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
Ensure the efficient, effective and productive management of the physical plant facilities and operating staff for the Mississauga commercial portfolio.
Capital Project Work
- Oversee tenant improvement work and obtain proposals and pricing for work
- Review all work permits daily to ensure awareness of all contractor work occurring in the building.
- Review and monitor building functions and provide direction to staff and trades
- Collaborate with the Property Manager in completing capital projects on time and on budget
- Be an active participant in possible unbudgeted and/or emergency-related projects, as needed
- Supervise and manage building staff (scheduling, performance management, career development, etc.)
- Ensure daily inspections of mechanical and electrical service areas
- Supervise maintenance management system operations
- Implement and supervise procedures for the maintenance, operation, and repairs of buildings and equipment
Budgeting and Reporting
- Prepare departmental budgets
- Partner with management to prepare annual operating and capital budgets for a variety of properties
- Prepare monthly variance, property, and activity reports
- Maintain site specific WHMIS, and health and safety programs
- Daily review of all completed service requests to ensure SLAs consistently met and delivered
- Oversight of the OneServe (Angus) system
- Manage sustainability opportunities with the operations team and consultants
- Enhance customer service with tenants
- Collaborate with management to ensure property is compliant with the Entuitive (risk compliance) program
- Advise and update team with policy and procedure updates
- Complete insurance claims and internal quarterly reports
- 5+ years of commercial building operations experience
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Building Sciences and/or Trades training
- BES 1 and 2, a minimum requirement
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills able to interact confidently with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience completing reports and budgets focused on decreasing repair costs and increasing energy management initiatives.
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs