About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
A successful person in the role will be a decisive leader, drawing on years of experience from operations of multiple building types. Effective communication, empathetic leadership, strong change management skills, strong decision making skills and a clear ability to deliver in a timely manner are key attributes of a strong candidate in this role.
This role is counted on to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The role will be responsible for the creation and implementation of new programs that focus on the key areas of Technical Services concentration. The role will also be responsible to review existing policies and procedures, adjust where appropriate and ensure they are being followed consistently throughout the portfolio. Ensuring “green” technologies that drive operational improvements will be a significant element of the role.
Building Operational Efficiency – People, Process and Asset Integrity
- This role will help lead the operations team to ensure we are running routine and critical tasks consistently and efficiently throughout the portfolio.
- Review Consistency in the overall operations including third party contract scopes
- Participate and support in Lifecycle planning of major building components
- Review portfolio Capital spending and assist in aligning capital and/or major projects to increase efficiency and buying power
- Aligning suppliers/vendors to increase efficiency, ensuring consistent delivery of scope and improve buying power
- Lead the operations teams to ensure the net-zero 2050 goal can be achieved.
- Coordinate directly with Corporate Sustainability Dept for policy and program objectives
- Lead the Regional Sustainability and Energy Manager Initiative
- Coordinate stakeholders to create property and regional Carbon Reduction Roadmaps
- Coordinate Energy Saving Measures (ECM) into low cost, Op Cost and Capital Cost initiatives
- Initiate and guide Energy Management training for Operations and other interested individuals.
- Assist in the refining, development and deployment of procurement processes.
- Assist the operations teams in the preparation of tenders based on the policies and procedures established, make recommendations and monitor on execution and performance.
- Assist the operations and property management team in the review and negotiation of building services contracts to ensure prudent, cost-effective practices are followed.
- Play a critical role in the Local, Regional and National alignment of our preventative work order system (OneServe). In depth knowledge of how Angus Anywhere operates and how industry best practices can be integrated into the current system will be an asset in this role.
- Building Designations and Awards
- Lead the Technical Services team to support obtaining building excellence designations and awards including BOMA (TOBY), BOMA (Earth), BOMA (360), BOMA (Ops team of the year), BOMA Best, COR, LEED, Well/FitWel, Wired.
Technology & Innovation
- Lead the portfolio team in identifying, evaluating and implementing new PropTech and building innovation ideas – sharing ideas between different buildings and Regions.
Reporting + Budgeting
- Review and assist in the updating of technical and operations manuals including Fire Plan, Emergency Management Plan, Disaster Plan, Construction Rules and Regulations, Asbestos Management Plan, Energy Management Plan.
- Aid with annual budgets (Operating Expenses and Capital) where applicable.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- 10+ years of commercial industry experience at multiple properties, including people leadership experience.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with in depth knowledge of Preventative Maintenance Software – Angus Anywhere.
- Post-secondary education (ie: BES 1 & 2 Certification, SMT, SMA or higher) an asset but not required
- A designation in facility management, engineering diploma or bachelor's degree or project management would be an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong MS Word + Excel skills in addition to familiarity with either Distech Building Automation System or Angus Anywhere
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs