About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
Become involved with a number of exciting new developments, consisting of large-scale, multi-family, office, industrial, retail and/or mixed-use projects. This is an opportunity to work alongside a senior development team and experience the full cycle of the development process from concept to completion. You will contribute to all aspects of the development projects including land acquisition, design, municipal entitlements, construction, and marketing and lease-up, as well as operational handover. This is an exciting opportunity to gain meaningful hands-on development experience with one of Canada’s leading real estate organizations.
- Contribute to the acquisition process for potential development sites, including due diligence, managing proformas and development budgets
- Review and analyze provincial and municipal planning initiatives and proposed policy changes
- Stay of top of industry trends and conduct market research
- Work with various internal departments and teams (Development, Asset Management, Leasing, Research, Environmental and Investments) on acquisition and development business plans and internal approval process
- Contribute to the planning, design and product development process
- Assist with municipal development approvals including official plan amendments, rezoning, development permits, building permits, variances, and all other regulatory approvals
- Participate in the selection and managing of the external project team including architects, engineers, interior designers, and contractors.
- Attend meetings and manage agendas and minutes, ensuring the execution of action items and deliverables
- Collaborate with Development Team and other internal departments and stakeholders throughout project planning and execution, and ensure adherence to project goals: schedule, budget and quality benchmarks
- Attend regular project meetings and coordinate project documentation
- Work on regular internal and external reporting as well as budget tracking
- Other duties and special projects from time to time
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience working with a real estate developer or experience in a similar industry would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in business, finance, real estate, economics, or related disciplines
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- An understanding of the financial principles of real estate
- Clear communication, a high level of emotional intelligence, and strong relationship building skills are essential for interactions with colleagues, clients, tenants, community stakeholders as well as municipal staff and politicians
- Demonstrated interest in real estate, design, city buildings, mixed-use facilities, and real estate sustainability & innovation
- Strong attention to detail, availability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs