About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
As part of the GTA Office Asset Management team, the successful candidate will provide in-depth and thoughtful analysis to support internal asset valuation and external appraisals, operational improvement, lease transactions, capital spending, development projects, acquisitions and dispositions, and ad-hoc analysis as it arises.
Planning & Strategy
- Support the team in the preparation of annual budgets, interim forecasts, and business plans in collaboration with a variety of internal groups
- Play an integral part in the appraisal process by liaising with external appraisers and internal stakeholders, providing pertinent information and reviewing draft appraisals and corresponding valuation models
- Support the team in the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reports to clients
- Present a variety of reports to senior asset management staff and portfolio management team
- Build and maintain cash flow and valuation models by using a variety of approaches including discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis, net-present value (NPV) analysis, and cash-flow modeling
- Update internal appraisal models for the monthly valuation process
- Using financial tools when required to complete asset valuations, lease analyses, capital rationales, etc.
- Prepare analysis and reports for various internal committees.
- Work with internal teams during acquisition, disposition, and development phases and participate in the due diligence process
- Lead appraisals and take an active role in the valuation process.
- Evaluate return performance of assets and compare with market benchmarks
- Keep current with market trends; prepare market reports and research papers for internal use.
- Prepare presentations to external clients; including mid-year review presentations and budget presentations
- Provide support to the asset management team on special projects as needed
- A degree in real estate or a related field.
- Understanding of basic commercial real estate investment concepts and terminology
- Advanced Excel skills required, and experience with Argus Enterprise would be an asset.
- Experience providing clear and actionable recommendations and solutions to a variety of complex financial, legal, and contractual problems
- Proven track record for building and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Multi-task and interpret and apply analytical findings.
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs