About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working as part of a collaborative team but is very capable of completing assigned tasks independently. The ideal candidate will already possess general knowledge and practical experience in the high-rise residential construction sector along with its fundamental process’. You should be capable of understanding design and construction terminology and be able to interpret typical construction drawings. This highly administrative role requires a dedicated individual that prides oneself in their attention to detail, meeting and exceeding expectations and someone who finds personal satisfaction being an integral part of a fast-paced energetic team, delivering high quality residential products for our clients and residents.
- Participate in the set up and coordination of critical project files, documents, and drawings on a project-by-project basis (both electronic and hard copy)
- Support a variety of project coordination and administrative tasks including project budget set up and maintenance in the development groups accounting and processing platform (Yardi 7S)
- Invoice recording, coding, and integration
- Documenting, transferring, and tracking of Contracts, Purchase Orders, Change Orders, Budget Transfers, and required applicable approvals
- Processing and setting up of new jobs and related materials
- Coordination with internal accounting resources to accurately track project budget commitments and forecast costs
- Provide necessary support in the preparation of correspondence and presentation materials, in both electronic and hard copy format for RFQ/RFP submissions as required
- Assistance with administrative responsibilities such as calendar and travel management, meeting coordination, and tracking departmental and project expenses. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for project manager inputs as required to ensure report distribution deadlines are met
- Actively participate in internal and external design/construction meetings as required and preparation of meeting minutes as needed
- Track and maintain accurate records of all sub-contractor awards, Contemplated Change Notices, Change Orders, Site Instructions, Requests for Information and Construction Communications as required and ensure they are being addressed by the appropriate team members in a timely fashion
- Assistance in the preparation and circulation of monthly development status reports for commentary by the respective Project leader (including appropriate approvals) and coordinate
- Assist in the collection and distribution of all project closeout documentation from consultants and the City; including but not limited to Commissioning Reports, As-Built drawings, Operation and Maintenance Manuals, Occupancy Permits
- Other responsibilities as delegated by senior management
- 2+ years of experience in either real estate operations/management or from the construction industry, preferably on larger urban residential projects
- Demonstrated experience with budget administration, cost control, contract administration and filing/record keeping
- University or College Degree / Diploma, ideally in either Engineering/Architecture/planning or Business Administration, Commerce or in an appropriate field of study
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word and Excel specifically) with intermediate capability with MS PowerPoint. A working knowledge of MS Project would be considered an asset
- Possess’ or is actively working towards a PMP, RPA, FMA, SMA or similar designation(s)/post secondary education would also be considered beneficial
- Bilingual (French) would be considered an asset
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs