About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with tenants, staff, and a variety of contractors
- Address tenant issues in a prompt, effective, and cost-efficient manner while maintaining a high standard of rapport and consistent communication
- Provide strong mentorship to staff by communicating clearly and effectively
- Consistently and effectively develop and motivate direct reports while being hands-on when needed
Finance + Budgeting
- Develop, administer, and submit both operating and capital reports
- Manage a variety of capital and operating budgets
- Approve a variety of Purchase Orders and Invoices
Administration + Reporting
- Complete monthly and quarterly reports on operations, legal matters, environmental issues and RPI (Responsible Property Investing) initiatives
- Ensure that that corporate governance, environmental, health & safety policies and procedures are kept compliant
- Spearhead lease compliance, including Lease Administration duties governed by the Property Management team
- Updating property management policies, procedures and operations in accordance with the Policy and Procedures Manual
- Conduct and document annual building inspections, as well as routine follow up to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner
- Ensure tenant and client satisfaction by responding and adapting to issues efficiently and effectively
- Assist the implementation of new programs and respond to and be able to clarify inquiries around a variety of policies and procedures
- Focus on environmental issues and provide insights and solutions to reduce carbon footprint
- Collaborate on Green Team Meetings, Tenant Events, and BOMA initiatives.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- 2+ years of experience as a commercial property manager with direct reports
- 5+ years of experience in commercial property management. Retail focus an asset.
- Experience managing a variety of operating and capital budgets
- Proven organizational skills that enable effective and efficient delivery while tenant and client needs evolve
- Professional, flexible, and collaborative nature
- Strong team player and independent worker.
- RPA designation preferred + post-secondary education
- Class 5 Driver’s License with own vehicle as travel is required to properties.
- Yardi knowledge is an asset.
- Active BC Rental Property Management License
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs