About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
- Assist in the efficient, effective, and successful control of all base building equipment and systems such as chillers, boilers, centrifugal pumps and various air-handling systems etc.
- Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing including fire pumps and base building generators.
- Monitor and ensure the DDC is working optimally, and proactively address any trouble zones.
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support the maintenance and ongoing improvement of WHMIS, environmental, health and safety programs etc.
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical and ventilation systems.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system including replacements of filters & belts, lubricating motors, cleaning of equipment, etc.
- Supervise and implement quality control procedures for the maintenance, operation and repairs of building equipment.
- Perform preventative and demand maintenance and repairs to fans, pumps, etc. as required.
- Advise and update team with procedure changes and improvements.
Health + Safety
- Ensure that all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability, and Property Management Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain site specific WHMIS program.
- Collaborate with team and supervisor to ensure property is compliant with 3rd party programs and certifications.
- Ensure team-wide compliance with business Health and Safety policies by participating in the H&S committee.
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed
- Support and supervise tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system ensuring high tenant satisfaction with building operation matters.
- Maintain and review operator logs, checklists and inspections.
- Supervise shift operations staff (scheduling, performance management, etc.)
- Ensure daily inspection of mechanical and electrical areas.
- Assist and supervise contractors in the completion of required tasks. Obtain estimates and quotations for proposed work in the building as required.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial property management operations.
- 5th Class Steam Engineer, SMA/SMT BOMI program.
- Strong knowledge of BAS Systems, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and Life Safety Systems.
- Previous experience working with Angus is preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills. Able to interact confidently with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for sustainability and energy management.
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs