About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
People Management + Customer Service
- Motivate and develop site staff, managing performance to established standards
- Set and monitor performance and quality targets for site staff
- Maintain an orderly office area, including proper filing of all hard and soft copy documentation and correspondence
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of resident satisfaction through excellent customer service and communication
Finance + Budgeting
- Complete required operating and financial reporting including detailed monthly property reports and variance analysis
- Assist the Director and Project Managers with preparation of capital budgets including the development of 5-year capital plans for each site
Administration and Reporting
- Complete weekly availability and traffic reporting as required. Develop and remit quarterly re-forecasts and annual budgets according to established timelines
- Review apartments at turnover and prepare a scope of work consistent with established renovation standards
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, including (but not limited to): Residential Tenancies Act, Labor Relations Act, Fire Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Risk Management
- Operate properties in accordance with GWLRA Policies and Procedures and expectations of the approved annual budgets.
- Authorize Work Orders and Purchase Orders to approved limits while being cognizant of year-to-date expenditure and approved annual budgets.
- Ensure the timely collection of rent; initiate follow-up where payments are not made and initiate and attend to legal and collection as required.
- Review and approve invoices according to standard policies and procedures. Review and approve new leases according to established approval criteria
- Continually review and evaluate the market rates for each property, ensuring revenues are optimized in the competitive environment
- Ensure preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed
- Complete regular site inspections of properties including vacant apartments, renovated apartments, and common areas to identify opportunities for improvement and report any concerns or deficiencies to ensure resident satisfaction
- 2+ years of experience as a Multi-Residential Property Manager with direct reports
- 5+ years of Multi-Residential property management experience
- Experience administering, developing, and managing a variety of capital and operational budgets
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong command of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Yardi and Yield Star property management systems considered an asset.
- Vehicle required, valid driver’s license
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs