About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Building Operator! This role ensures that a 14 storey commercial high-rise building is maintained and managed in a safe, professional, and environmentally friendly manner. In addition, the role provides leadership and guidance to a team of commercial operations professionals.
- Assist in the efficient, effective, and successful control of all base building equipment and systems such as chillers, boilers, centrifugal pumps and various air-handling systems etc.
- Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing including chilled water back up, base building and tenant generators
- Monitor and ensure the DDC is working optimally, and proactively address any trouble zones.
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support the maintenance and ongoing improvement of WHMIS, environmental, health and safety programs etc.
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical and ventilation systems.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system including replacements of filters & belts, lubricating motors, cleaning of equipment, etc.
- Perform demand maintenance and repairs to required fans, pumps, etc. as required
- Ensure that all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability, and Property Management Policies and Procedures
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed
- Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operation matters
- Maintain operator logs, checklists, and inspections
- Supervising contractors performing services at the site and ensuring that cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standard
- Assist contractors in the completion of required tasks. Obtain estimates and quotations for proposed work in the building as required.
- Ensure team-wide compliance with business Health and safety policies by participating in the H&S committee
- 5+ years of experience in commercial property management operations, 4th Class power engineering license required
- BES Class I certification, SMA/SMT BOMI program
- Strong knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Previous experience working with Angus is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for sustainability and energy management
- Budget and capital project experience
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Intermediate/Advance understanding of mobile-based technology and Microsoft Office Suite
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs