About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with GWL Realty Advisors team to ensure the reliable uptime of supporting all mechanical, HVAC and electrical equipment, having strong communication skills and a professional demeanor.
You will be, able to cover shift work, be organized, flexible and efficient in addition to having superb customer service skills. The property is critical to the operation of the business, we are looking for a Power Engineer who is very hands on and has the skills required to provide constant upkeep.
- Assist in the efficient, effective and successful control of all base building equipment and systems such as chillers, boilers, centrifugal pumps and various air-handling systems etc.
- Ensuring that cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standard
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system. Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operation matters
- Perform demand maintenance and repairs to required fans, pumps, etc. as required
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed
- Assist contractors when required in the completion of required tasks.
- Comply with business Health and safety policies such as participating in the H&S committee
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support the maintenance and ongoing improvement of WHMIS, environmental, health and safety programs etc.
- Follow all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability and Property Management Policies and Procedures
- Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing including back up base building or tenant generators
- Maintain operator logs, checklists and inspections
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical and ventilation systems. Participate in third party and inhouse training on energy management
- 5/4th class power engineering license or Building Environmental systems (BES) or Hospitality Tech or Junior Engineer 1&2 or Industrial Tech or Building Operator Certificate (BOC) certifications
- Valid driver's license or alternate transportation access
- Experience in commercial, hospitality, industrial or trade experience in property maintenance operations is an asset
- Working knowledge of Building Heating Ventilating & Air-conditioning (HVAC), Plumbing, Electrical, Building Automation Systems (BAS) and Life Safety/fire Systems
- A highly collaborative & team-oriented personality as we all work closely together, and problem solve together
- Hands-on experience (or base training) with Heating Ventilating & Air-conditioning (HVAC), Plumbing, Electrical, Building Automation Systems (BAS) and Life Safety/fire Systems with strong trouble-shooting skills, mechanical aptitude with willingness to learn and develop
- Understanding of sustainability and energy management fundamentals
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs