About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
We’re looking for a Building Operator for our 4 King Street West location, to ensure that our building is being managed and maintained in a safe, presentable, and environmentally friendly manner.
- Assist in the efficient, effective, and successful control of all base building equipment and systems, such as Chillers, centrifugal pumps, and various air-handling systems, etc.
- Assist contractors in the completion of required tasks. Obtain estimates and quotations for proposed work in the building as required.
- Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing including chilled water back up, base building and tenant generators.
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical and ventilation systems.
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support maintenance of and ongoing improvements to WHMIS and environmental health and safety programs
- Strong knowledge and understanding in regard to the sequence of operations for mechanical /electrical systems.
- Has an understanding of the fire alarm system - this includes inspections, testing procedures and details emergency power feeds.
- Knowledge of the building control sequence of operations includes, and security systems.
- Ensure cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standard.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system.
- Perform demand maintenance and repairs to required fans, pumps, etc. as required.
- Ensure that all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability, and Property Management Policies and Procedures
- Good knowledge in maintenance strategies and Original Equipment Manufacturer) (OEM) data sheets and specifications
- Ability to read blueprints, mechanical drawings, and mechanical/electrical single line diagrams.
- Skilled in utilizing heavy duty power tools and handy light toolbox equipment as well as an understanding of basic PPE requirements
- Basic knowledge of plumbing such as fitting types and measurements as well as basic understanding of electrical systems
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed.
- Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operation matters
- Maintain operator logs, checklists, and inspections
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial property management operations
- 5th class power engineering license or BES certifications
- Strong knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems
- Valid driver's license
- A highly collaborative & team-oriented personality as we all work closely together, and problem solve together
- A hands-on mechanical and electrical professional with strong trouble-shooting skills
- Passion for sustainability and energy management
- Strong skill set in respect to devices such as mobile phones as tablets
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Angus
- Previous work experience with working with a variety of heating and colling plants that included Steam Heating, Chillers, Boilers, and Cooling Towers
- General maintenance skills, such as drywall, painting, sanding, flooring and carpet repairs and door repairs considered an asset
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs